Alec114

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
One day after i turned my computer on, my mouse wouldn't click on things(it is all the way in) but it can move around and hover over things. My keyboard works perfectly, except when i tried to type I, O, P, K, L, 8, 9, or 0, something else popped up. , I'll list them at the bottom. I have restarted my computer a couple times, and every time the same thing, I haven't updated any drivers or anything recently, and i have had no error messages. I can't run my antivirus due to the mouse.

I= IOP89+
O=OP89+
P=OP89+
K=KL;23
L=KL;23
8=8990
9=90
0=90

Solution
First try another mouse and keyboard set.

Second of all try the mouse and keyboard on another computer. See if the problem follows the mouse and/or keyboard.

Reinstall any related mouse and keyboard drivers.

What make and model mouse and keyboard? Wireless? If so check the batteries. Check the receiver connection to the computer.

Keyboards use an electrical matrix to detect what keys are being pressed. The key pattern you describe seems to indicate a problem within the keyboard.

Therefore you might try simply turning the keyboard upside down and giving the ends and sides a few firm taps with the heel of your hand. Lots of crude may fall out. However if some key is stuck/sticking you may jar it loose and return to normal.

First try another mouse and keyboard set.

Second of all try the mouse and keyboard on another computer. See if the problem follows the mouse and/or keyboard.

Reinstall any related mouse and keyboard drivers.

What make and model mouse and keyboard? Wireless? If so check the batteries. Check the receiver connection to the computer.

Keyboards use an electrical matrix to detect what keys are being pressed. The key pattern you describe seems to indicate a problem within the keyboard.

Therefore you might try simply turning the keyboard upside down and giving the ends and sides a few firm taps with the heel of your hand. Lots of crude may fall out. However if some key is stuck/sticking you may jar it loose and return to normal.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS