maddock34

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
When I try to start/open up the GUI for WD Backup software included with the WD 3TB external hard drives it tells me it stopped working
WD_Error.png

WD_Error_2.png

Not sure how to go about repairing this any help is great
Thanks

Solution
I seem to have fixed it. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller, uninstalled WD Backup and deleted a collection of registry entries and files. After reinstalling it started fine (the only downside is it removes all previous configurations and backup plans) but the problem has been fixed. Thanks for the help

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
This seems pretty unfortunate, maddock34! :(
Which Windows OS version are you using?
You should keep in mind that the WD Backup utility is supported by Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 for now.
I think that if you reinstall the software it might help. You can find it in the WD Downloads on our official website.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes after the reinstall. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

maddock34

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

Windows 7. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and doing a full reinstall (all of the apps included with the hard drive and the .zip you linked to) and still the same error unfortunately

maddock34

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
I seem to have fixed it. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller, uninstalled WD Backup and deleted a collection of registry entries and files. After reinstalling it started fine (the only downside is it removes all previous configurations and backup plans) but the problem has been fixed. Thanks for the help

Solution