Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hello! I read the answers on the forums a lot!
I am a rancher in north east Colorado. We have sketchy cell, internet, and tv out here. I enjoy dabbling in any type of electronics. I root and modify my cell phones (android) to try to improve what works here. I try to optimize my internet and wifi. I used to build and repair my own computers. Just basically anything I can teach myself. Many years ago it was cb radios 😉😂.
When I'm not ranching I work on Power stroke trucks.
I also watch my 4 year old grandson 3 days a week. He is also a tinkerer and wants to fix things!
Greetings and Welcome! :cool:

If you haven't already, maybe check out our sister site, Tom's Hardware for more PC/Desktop Computer related content.

-Wolf sends

Jun 17, 2023
Hi I'm John, I'm new here I am interested in electronics, gaming, digital photography and building computers and have built 4 so far I'm still using the 4th one that I built last year. I like PC for computers but I like Apple for everything else, like ipad, phone, watch. I use computer for gaming (also consoles) and photo editing and apple stuff for everything else. I like most all other electronics as well from stereos to gaming console and pc to digital photography.

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing great. I'm Tim Steve, an iOS user here. When it comes to electronics, I'm currently obsessed with exploring the world of smart home devices. I love how seamlessly they integrate into our daily lives, making everything more convenient and connected. One interesting thing about me is that I'm a tech enthusiast who enjoys staying up to date with the latest developments in the world of iOS and Apple products. Whether it's discovering new features, exploring innovative apps, or discussing the latest Apple announcements, I'm always eager to dive into the exciting realm of iOS technology. I'm looking forward to connecting with fellow tech enthusiasts and engaging in interesting conversations about all things related to electronics, iOS, and more. If you have any questions or insights to share, feel free to reach out or start a discussion. Let's connect and geek out together!

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing great. I'm Tim Steve, an iOS user here. When it comes to electronics, I'm currently obsessed with exploring the world of smart home devices. I love how seamlessly they integrate into our daily lives, making everything more convenient and connected. One interesting thing about me is that I'm a tech enthusiast who enjoys staying up to date with the latest developments in the world of iOS and Apple products. Whether it's discovering new features, exploring innovative apps, or discussing the latest Apple announcements, I'm always eager to dive into the exciting realm of iOS technology. I'm looking forward to connecting with fellow tech enthusiasts and engaging in interesting conversations about all things related to electronics, iOS, and more. If you have any questions or insights to share, feel free to reach out or start a discussion. Let's connect and geek out together!
Hello there, Tim Steve! It's wonderful to meet a fellow tech enthusiast who shares a passion for iOS and smart home devices. I completely agree that the seamless integration of smart home devices into our daily lives is truly remarkable, bringing convenience and connectivity to a whole new level. Keeping up with the latest developments in the iOS and Apple world is always an exciting endeavor, whether it involves discovering new features, exploring innovative apps, or discussing Apple's latest announcements. I'm eagerly looking forward to connecting with you and engaging in captivating conversations about all things electronics, iOS, and more. Let's delve into the fascinating realm of technology and indulge in our geekiness together! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if you'd like to initiate a discussion.

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
Hello there, Tim Steve! It's wonderful to meet a fellow tech enthusiast who shares a passion for iOS and smart home devices. I completely agree that the seamless integration of smart home devices into our daily lives is truly remarkable, bringing convenience and connectivity to a whole new level. Keeping up with the latest developments in the iOS and Apple world is always an exciting endeavor, whether it involves discovering new features, exploring innovative apps, or discussing Apple's latest announcements. I'm eagerly looking forward to connecting with you and engaging in captivating conversations about all things electronics, iOS, and more. Let's delve into the fascinating realm of technology and indulge in our geekiness together! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if you'd like to initiate a discussion.
Thankyou @timjulius1122 for your warm welcome and kind words looking forward to connecting with you :)

Jun 28, 2023
Just joined after browsing articles here for years! First name is Eric and I'm an aviation photographer and video game enthusiast. Tom's Guide helped me cut the cord a few years ago and I haven't looked back!! Thank you for all the helpful and informative articles!!!

Reactions: Stargazerw89
Jun 28, 2023
Im a bit out of the tech game but I like trying new things. Bachelor's in computer science, masters in information services and working on doctorate in theology. Spare time? Building robots!

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
You're most welcome! I'm glad to have you here and I'm excited to connect with you too. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, feel free to ask. Let's make our interactions engaging and enjoyable.
I would greatly appreciate your assistance, and I will definitely turn to you whenever I encounter any difficulties.

Reactions: timjulius1122

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
Im a bit out of the tech game but I like trying new things. Bachelor's in computer science, masters in information services and working on doctorate in theology. Spare time? Building robots!
That's impressive! It's fantastic that you're exploring various fields and staying open to new experiences. Your academic background in computer science and information services, combined with your passion for building robots in your spare time, showcases a diverse and exciting range of interests and skills. Keep up the great work!

Jul 13, 2023
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Hello Josh,

This is new to me...and I'm having challenges navigating your Forum page...and wondering if I can ask a question at all? Anyway, here's what I tried to ask from your webpage, before I registered (now I think I'm registered):

"I use the 2019 Outlook program on a Windows 10 laptop. Lately, on opening the email window, I get a notification box with the message, " Outlook closed while you had items open. Reopen those items from your last session?" I've always believed I've closed those messages; however, if I click on the "reopen" link a duplicate email window opens. Even if I "think" I close both windows...then return to my email client the notification message reappears. How do I get it to stop?"

Jul 13, 2023
Hello Josh,

This is new to me...and I'm having challenges navigating your Forum page...and wondering if I can ask a question at all? Anyway, here's what I tried to ask from your webpage, before I registered (now I think I'm registered):

"I use the 2019 Outlook program on a Windows 10 laptop. Lately, on opening the email window, I get a notification box with the message, " Outlook closed while you had items open. Reopen those items from your last session?" I've always believed I've closed those messages; however, if I click on the "reopen" link a duplicate email window opens. Even if I "think" I close both windows...then return to my email client the notification message reappears. How do I get it to stop?"
Also, I guess I need to introduce myself...right?

I'm an old codger that has used Windows 7 for work...and only recently acquired a new laptop. Here are the details:

Device name DESKTOP-U8CF8G1
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID A3CB483E-4B89-47AD-9371-F37788CC4126
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA148
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎8/‎28/‎2021
OS build 19045.3155
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Now, I need to try to figure out where I can see your answer, if you understand the question.

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2023
Hello everyone.
I live in the desert in CA, Palm Springs to be precise. Moved here recently, still settling in, rediscovering the 45s I bought when I lived in the UK during the late 1970s and so I want to set up my audio system propertly. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2023

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
My name is Gare. I have had three careers . Teacher. Pastor. Therapist. Now happily retired.

Sep 18, 2023
Hi I'm Cigarshaped, literally skinny but named after a UFO/ UAP I saw back in 1965. I've been a fix-it man all my life but drifted into training/ lecturing about 27 years ago. I started in analogue electronics and have a slight grasp of the digital world. Prefer to work on my PC, but will put up with an Andoid as long as I can use a stylus! Keen on video and photography, when time allows.

Reactions: joshcoder
Sep 22, 2023
Hi.
Peggy Carls here. New to Tom’s Guide so a bit of an introduction:
I am a music teacher and choir director/composer who used to use analog online sequencing tools before the digital revolution, a welcome change. I am now retired with more time for composition and wish to get back into using tools for sequencing, recording etc but am seeking advice on which programs folks recommend as I am currently out of the loop.

I’m Apple all the way and know the learning curve will be steep, which is ok, but any advice to help me avoid missteps will be appreciated. Which software? Learning tutorials, classes, books etc.
Am fairly tech savvy but not a guru for sure.
Thanks in advance.

Sep 28, 2023
Sup! I'm Allen but my Original Gamer name is Roget. I am the first person to put the words what's and up together together online in the first pvp game called Meriden 59. I've been a MS Insider since day one and I'm a breaker/fixer. I have been recruited by big tech and our/foreign governments for my skills. I can't share why or how because you wouldn't believe me. I'm here to ask questions when I get stuck.

Reactions: joshcoder
Oct 2, 2023

Greetings!! to everyone. I am excited to be here. Although I am not new to video games, I am to Fortnite. I grew up in a rural area of Indiana, and due to a latency issue. The ability to enjoy games online, such as Fortnite was impossible to play. Recently I moved to an area of Indiana that latency is not an issue. I look forward to meeting new individuals, and hope that I may bring something new to this established world. Thank you.