What is going on?

Aug 14, 2018
I have been using a 4gb sd card for a few months now. And 6 other sd cards over the past 3 years. Like a 16gb or 8gb aswell.
But everytime I move pictures, videos and music, there comes an icon with a exclamation (!) mark in the 'my files' and in my galleries.
It moves alotof files, but only like 70% of my music, sometimes only 30% of my pictures and most of my videos does not work anymore and shows the '!' Icon.
And now it does'nt even want to delete files I dont want anymore.
Im confused and iritated.
Because it happend to/with every phone and sd card I've ever had

The sd card isn't even full?

HELP!
Please ? :(

Solution
If you are swapping out cards and not keeping the data on the card all the time, then that is the cause of this.

Cards while they can't be removed, really aren't meant to be. I know sounds odd, but they just aren't durable enough.

You need to go through and back up all the files you wish to keep that are on the SD card to say a cloud account, google account or a computer (and make sure they are there before proceeding further). Then once the have been moved/backed up, format the SD card. This will clear off all excess data that may be hanging around.

Once that is done you can move the files back to the card, or start over. Just remember, if you keep swapping cards in and out, you will keep having this issue.
If you are swapping out cards and not keeping the data on the card all the time, then that is the cause of this.

Cards while they can't be removed, really aren't meant to be. I know sounds odd, but they just aren't durable enough.

You need to go through and back up all the files you wish to keep that are on the SD card to say a cloud account, google account or a computer (and make sure they are there before proceeding further). Then once the have been moved/backed up, format the SD card. This will clear off all excess data that may be hanging around.

Once that is done you can move the files back to the card, or start over. Just remember, if you keep swapping cards in and out, you will keep having this issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS