What is the best dslr for video while being affordable?

ghostarcher12

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hi!
I work for my families boat company, doing all of their web design, online advertising, photography, and some other things. I've been taking stock photos with a Sony Cybershot DSC-H400 and it works pretty well. We've been trying new methods of advertising by recording video for some of our products. This camera has alright 720p video, but doesn't have a great focus. If something moves, it will focus again and that blurs the picture for a second or two, but those few moments are usually pretty important. What is a good camera with a good lens to swap this one out? I do use it for photos a lot, but usually don't take them from over 45 feet away. I'm really just looking for good looking 1080p at 60fps. I like the auto focus but I wouldn't mind doing the focusing manually (I'd almost prefer it). I'm not looking to spend more than about $800. Any ideas?

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Have you thought about a mirror less camera, like a Panasonic micro four thirds camera for instance? A DSLR generally isn't the best choice for video, though they have come a long way in recent years, many of the Panasonic cameras (and sony mirrorless if you want an APS-C sized sensor) are really great still and video cameras.

For instance the Panasonic GF7 Here supports 1920 x 1080p / 60 fps (28 Mbps) and you would have enough left over in your budget to get an extra lens.