What Is TPO Mobile, and Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekohser

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
TrustPilot is not a good source to check on TPO Mobile customer satisfaction. Why? Well, let me show you the content of one "5-star" review: "I had to use a different CC and I updated the new CC on my account. I was still getting emails that I have not paid. So I called the customer service and she said my card is up to date with new CC. About two weeks later I got an email saying the payment was not made. In that time I could not make any calls. Next day I called in and cancel my account." That's a 5-star experience?

A more accurate gauge of customer satisfaction is Review Centre, where customers give TPO 1.4 stars out of five.

By the way -- a formal complaint has been made against The People's Operator about that "10% to charity" claim they keep making. The authorities are looking into why their ledger sheet shows that only about 4% of revenues are actually finding their way to nominated causes. Not to mention, many of the senior, founding leadership at TPO are resigning -- probably to swim far enough away from the sinking ship to save their own skin.

thekohser

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010

Go to community.tpo.com -- most of the "social media" interactions on the company's own platform are customers complaining about things not working right. You can but-but-but all you want about this dreadful company, but a quick look at the 2-year share price history (ticker:TPOP) should clear up any lingering doubts.

strangepork

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015

lets look up the dns of that

Name: The People's Operator PLC
Organization: The People's Operator PLC
Mailing Address: 40 Underwood Street, London Greater London N1 7JQ GB
Phone: +447788665663

hey look, not in the Unites States.

lets address stock price "Between October 2015 and March 2016, the company saw a collapse in its share price from 130p to below 30p." - (Source: Google Finance). Seeing how they didnt START service in the US
until late March 2016, this entire drop by panicky brits occurred before the US launch.

As recently as July 22nd 2017 FinnCap reaffirmed its status. Its 52 week high is 19.00.

I couldnt find *anything* of value, pro or con, in their community section, as it is a mess.

I currently use StraightTalk so I feel i have some expertise on this issue. If you want ultra cheap access to a CDMA or LTE network like Sprint or T Mobile, *and have the technicaly saavy to google and enter an APN on an unlocked phone*, then this is a great bargain. If you need hand holding and customer support and dont know if your sim card is CDMA or LTE, then you should avoid no frills cheap providers, and pay ten times as much (known in the industry as "idiot tax") for the same bandwidth on the literal exact same towers and equipment.

Customer satisfaction score are useless. the people smart enough to figure out the service dont go back and fill out a 5 star review. its just the lowest common denominators who have no idea how anything works, and in their frustration and impotence, decide to file a bad review.

If you had said "the low score indicate that your average mom and dad who doesnt know anything about phones will hate TPO", then we are in agreement.

But access to T Mobiles full 4G LTE network at those prices is an insanely good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.