What programs should I get for Gaming PC?

SHADOW3R

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
So my brother got his new laptop that he's planing to play games like CoD 5 (WaW) , BF4 etc. (not question about specs or can he run but), so what programs are essentional for every gamer to have?

SHADOW3R

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

I've got all the drivers, games and else, but like programs that are must for every pc gamer

XistenZ

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Maybe you/your brother (unclear who this thread is for) should start playing the games before thinking you need programs... Since it's a laptop I'm assuming you're not connecting another monitor, because if you would then you could just have bought an actual computer for half the prize and double the performance.
Most games takes up the whole display, not much point in having a program in the background if you can't easily access it (ALT+TAB is really annoying on laptops, too much flickering).

As for which programs you should get, well, when I play ESO I have Excel up with various spreadsheets keeping track of my shit. Other than that it's the occasional walktrough or something, so Chrome is also recommended.

Programs tend to have a purpose, unless you have something that needs to be solved it's really hard recommending programs...

SHADOW3R

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

Thanks for the reply.
It is a laptop for my bro so I want to set everything up for him.
He bought it cuz he's travelling a lot, and he only does light gaming like CoD 5 and BF 4

dangus

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

i would not call BF4 "light gaming" but i guess im just nitpicking there...its a pretty hardware-heavy game...

SHADOW3R

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

i run it on my old pc which is like 6-7 years old and have core2duo e7300 and gt 9600gt
like low 50-70fps
trust me, its light gaming

XistenZ

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

My computer which I built 6 years ago, with parts that was already dated is still faaaaaar far far superior than any commercial laptop you get today. You can't compare a half-shitty desktop to a laptop. Unless your brother spent 4 times than you did on your desktop, it'll probably barely run BIOS.
#offendedByArroganceAndIknowI'mArrogantTooYoloSwag

SHADOW3R

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

The quotes are more superior.
i3 5005U (hyper-threading) + 4gb ram + 940m 2gb can run bf4 on medium about 40fps stable probs

XistenZ

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Superior quotes is pretty superior.
But yes, those specs are probably fine. We're still all wondering what kind of programs you're after.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014

I use steam and origin if I want to play EA games, I will occasionally use uplay however I have found it to be horrible rubbish. Get what you need if steam has all the games you want just get steam, if origin also has some games you want get both. There is no generic list of programs every gamer should have.