What software for watching blu-ray disks?

Rationale

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
I recently bought an OEM blu-ray drive for my PC, and now there's the task of finding software that can actually play blu-rays. Any suggestions? :s

I would prefer you don't recommend free software. It all seems to have advertisements or watermarks, and wants to install adware. Though of course, I would like to spend as little as is reasonable for competent non-intrusive blu-ray player software.

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I'm not aware of any free software that plays blu-ray disks, just paid software. Cyberlink's PowerDVD is one that I've used, it's also come free with blu-ray drives I've purchased.

Here's a great site for blu-ray playing software:

http://blu-ray-player-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Rationale

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Well, there is free software. I used some for a few days to make sure my drive worked and was connected properly. But it's not the sort of thing I would want to use long term, because of the pretty severe drawbacks I mentioned. So ofc I planned on paying.

I checked the site you linked, but idk... The extra features (IE, 3D blu ray, touchscreen control) didn't seem to be things I would actually use, so eventually I settled on the iDeer software. I'm sure Cyberlink PowerDVD is better for enthusiasts, but I really just want to be able to play blu-ray disks in multiple formats, so the $50 price was much more appealing.