When a laptop is described as having a discrete graphics card, does that mean that I don't have to worry about output from the

Solution
Your laptop is configured to use whatever graphics solution is required for a particular application. This is done automatically to save battery power. There should be an option to configure an app to always use the discrete graphics card in advanced graphic properties, I believe.

-Wolf sends

CapyWarrior

Commendable
May 23, 2016
The fact that the card is discreet doesn't really affect the i/o. The place you're buying the laptop from should have a list of ports. If you send a link to the laptop I can check for you.

DaveMcK

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

The problem I've had is that laptops I've tried with nVidia, send only the output from the Intel HD GPU to the HDMI port. I need direct connection from the nVidia to the HDMI for 3DTV play to work.

Your laptop is configured to use whatever graphics solution is required for a particular application. This is done automatically to save battery power. There should be an option to configure an app to always use the discrete graphics card in advanced graphic properties, I believe.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Well that is a real concern, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.