Where can I found a decent AT&T phone?

larr933

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
I'm in the market to buy a android smartphone. I cannot get an upgrade phone through at&t, must buy my own phone because I get service through a company phone (which is outdated).

I was looking around and it doesn't seem like there's much of a selection. at&t only has the latest most expensive models, and unlocked phones are little hard to understand.

I Checked newegg.com and found this HTC Desire X T328e GSM unlocked, but regarding service compatibility in the description it says: "AT&T 2G, T-Mobile 2G, Rogers, Fido". What about 3G and 4G? And further in the description it says "Wireless Radio, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz UMTS 900 / 2100 MHz". So it does or doesn't have 3G?
(Heres' the link to the website: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?&Item=N82E16875502192)

I'm looking for something similar to the HTC up to $200, at least 1 Ghz cpu.

is there a store that has a large selection?

Does "unlocked" mean any phone that you buy without a contract?

Lotsa questions, i know. Any answers will be appreciated. thanks.

LOLOLzers123

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
First off, an unlocked phone means that the phone has a sim card slot and can be used on any company that has a sim card and you can use it overseas. Unlocked wouldn't really mean that you buy it off contract, but I see where you were going. There won't be a store that has a large selection of low priced unlocked phones.

I recommend the Motorola G, priced at $179 for the 8gb model and $199 for the 16gb model (I would go for the 16gb) and this is unlocked. This is an awesome deal because you are getting a decent camera, a quad core processor, and an HD screen. This phone supports up to 4G HSPA+ which is not anywhere near close to LTE but it is faster then 3G. Look at it like this. On a scale of 0-100, 2G is 5, 3G is 15, HSPA+ (not really 4g just upscaled 3G) is at 25 and LTE is at 80. I'd also recommend the Nokia Lumia 520. You can get it from $50-$70 and it's a nice phone if you are willing to go Windows Phone 8 route.

Hope I helped