Solved! Which is better

Solution

I couldn't disagree more. For a long time I had the EX500 next to a C650 in my home theater shop. The the EX500 was much closer to proper colors right of the box. The C650 always seemed to push the reds, and I spent hours trying to calibrate it. Out of the box the Samsung had more "punch", but after calibration the Sony was better (plus it was way easier to calibrate).

No matter which one you choose, let me know and I will give you my recommended picture settings.

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

I couldn't disagree more. For a long time I had the EX500 next to a C650 in my home theater shop. The the EX500 was much closer to proper colors right of the box. The C650 always seemed to push the reds, and I spent hours trying to calibrate it. Out of the box the Samsung had more "punch", but after calibration the Sony was better (plus it was way easier to calibrate).

No matter which one you choose, let me know and I will give you my recommended picture settings.

Solution

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

For a comparison like that, you'd have to look at the TV's exactly side-by-side and have both TV's calibrated perfectly and in the same environment playing from the same source. Did you meet these requirements?...if not, there are too many variables for conclusions.

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

i do get what you are saying but i have had a sony bravia and the tv was not as good as it got told. lacked a lot of picture quality, i no people with samsungs and they are quite good for picture, iam using the panasonic tx p42u30b best tv i have had upto date. picture and sounds is superb.

TRENDING THREADS