Solved! Which updated graphics driver should I install from intel's website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2019
I just downloaded a program that won't run because my GPU driver is outdated. I can install an updated graphics driver from intel's website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers) but don't want to install the wrong one.
My specs are:
Device- Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Driver version: 20.19.15.4531
Driver date: 9-26-2016
Any advice would be much appreciated as well as an explanation, thanks!

You shouldn't need to go to the site to get the most updated one for your system. Just go into "Control Panel" and then "Devices and Printers". Right click on your display and then click "Properties".

Now click on the "Hardware" tab and click "Properties" again. Click the "Driver" tab and then click the button to update it.

If no update is linked there then there may well not be an update for yours.

Should you still wish to go to the site, inputting your systems info (model, etc.) in the troubleshooting area should give you a listing for the correct driver.

Mar 23, 2019
Regarding the control panel option and going through "devices" and "properties" that option seemed close to the solution however none of my devices use the graphics driver so "update graphics driver" was always grayed out. As for troubleshooting on the website, the closest thing is a scan which should be an easy solve as it is supposed to tell me which drivers need an update an automatically do it, but it gives me an error every time. Is there another way internally (like the first directions you gave me) to update the graphics driver? Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.