White dots on Mitsubishi screen fixed! Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbigmoneygrip

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
We had the white dot problem. We called mitsu's 800.332.2119#. They covered ALL but $200. As soon we got off the phone with them, the local authorized service company called, came out immediately and fixed the set- in about one hour! I gladly wrote the check and am very impressed with Mitsu's service. By the way, we do not have any coverage on the set. Do yourself a favor and call Mitsubishi's service.

curtboz

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Was the age of your TV an issue with Mitsubishi?

Curt

goliver

Honorable
May 18, 2013

Based on your experience, I made the call....on a Saturday even. Same experience. They covered the parts, and I agreed to 200.00 to install it. My TV is 6 years old. I think the solution they offer is very fair. Thanks for your info.

danac

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

danac

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for these posts. I also had the same quick response from Mitsubishi and the service provider. My TV was purchased in November 2007 and we just recently started seeing the white dots.

tama42

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
thanks mines is getting fixed this weekend i thought about getting a new hdtv but finding this website realy made my dreams come true thanks again on the info
kenneth a smith
st louis,mo

Kristy Knutson

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

THANK YOU for this post. I was on the phone with a very helpful and nice TV repair guy who ran me through reset and initialization codes to reset it and finally told me what I already knew...the DMD and DLP were hosed. I searched again and found this site and your post. I called Mitsubishi and they told me the same thing. Will send the part to my local guy (another one) and they will come out to fix it. Need to pay $200 for labor and any other costs. I assume there aren't any other costs but will clarify with the repair guy before he comes. I'm excited to get my TV back and for only a few hundred dollars! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

BobGee

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

We also had this problem. Just got off the phone, same deal. They are sending someone out for $200 to fix the problem. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Gadison

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I have the 65" Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection DLP television with the white dot issue, it started with one dot and now I just noticed a second one appear, thank goodness I found this thread, I called Mitsubishi and apparently they are aware of the issue with the chip. The customer service rep took my information and will be shipping the part to a local authorized service center who will contact me once the part arrives to schedule an appointment. I'm really happy that I will not have to purchase a new tv and that Mitsubishi will stand by their product as it is a good tv. Thanks for the information I hope others will find this site, $200.00 is a lot better than having to pay for a new tv.

dadayosang

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
I hope others will find this site, $200.00 is a lot better than having to pay for a new tv.
19.gif

Agaellek

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

Agaellek

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your posting regarding the white dot problem. My husband and I were already looking to buy a new tv since our 70+ inch tv was purchased in 2008 and we did not have an extended warranty. Thanks to you, I placed a call to Mitsubishi 3 o 4 days ago and today the technician came and fix it up! My tv looks great again, thank you!

Cleat2face

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
I also had the white dot problem and gave the number posted above a call and got the same deal if I pay 200 they pay the part cost, which is way better than the price of a new tv. Glad I found this thread !

mydevilsx4

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I called this morning! So happy I found this page, thank you all very much! I started out with little black dots I noticed 3 of them, now there is more then 100, and they are turning into white dots now. I couldn't afford a new tv with Christmas coming, so I was extremely upset. Then I googled it and found this page. Very happy! Mitsubishi said it is a chip that malfunctioned and they will cover the part and I have to cover the pre set labor charge of $200. I said with pleasure! Totally worth the phone call! Very happy! Thank you everyone who has posted on this page. Huge help :)

Hbhoppe

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this post. It was a big help to say the least. Our white dot problem was taken care of in the same fashion as everyone else's. Called Mitsubishi and a week and $200 later we had a new chip and a clear screen.

ptanamachi

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Mitsubishi has confirmed with me that they are offering this same deal to fix the white dots. I am very happy with this since our TV was built in October 2007, over six years ago. The chip is being sent to a nearby TV service center and they will install it when it arrives. Our white dots went from 1 to 9 in about 10 days. Mitsubishi's customer service was top notch!

jaw555

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
ATTENTION SOUTH JERSEY RESIDENTS:

If Mitsubishi refers you to Audio Video Repair Inc in Pennsauken, NJ, do NOT use them. Instead of repairing the TV in our home, they insisted on bringing it back to their shop, and then claimed they were too busy to bring it back to us at the "promised" time. "Promised" in quotations, because when questioned on why it was not being returned at the agreed upon time, we were told we were never promised a time, that they would "try" to bring it back to us as soon as they could. Ended up missing time from work on two separate days, and ended up picking up the TV from the shop ourselves, which was no easy feat considering it's a 73" TV.

pjcsr78

Estimable
Feb 11, 2014

pjcsr78

Estimable
Feb 11, 2014
THANK YOU MITSUBISHI! I called the 800 number, they covered over$400 in parts, made me an appt with Advance TV to install the new parts, TV is BETTER than new due to Mitsubishi's upgraded part for my 72 inch tv. Do yourself a favor, pay $200 for repair, you'll be happy you did! Advance tv's tech was awesome, I have a new tv!!

Status
Not open for further replies.