Why do I get a low windows experience index with i5-2410m

seanc510

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Hello,
I have a Thinkpad X220 with a core i5-2410m and 4GB of ram. When I run WEI on it, I keep getting 3.4?! I am not running any background programs. Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Generally the WEI takes your lowest score and calls that your overall score. So even though you might score fairly high for the CPU and decent for the Ram if say your hard drive is slow or have integrated graphics only then you're going to get a low score for one of those and thus a low overall score.

Hope this helps

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
What are the scores you get? Is the processor getting the lowest score? (The overall score is the lowest score you get, could be HDD or graphics. Anything it lists there really.) The score should not really matter. It is the actual performance you get. So unless you want bragging rights, you shouldn't worry about the score.

cannabishead

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Generally the WEI takes your lowest score and calls that your overall score. So even though you might score fairly high for the CPU and decent for the Ram if say your hard drive is slow or have integrated graphics only then you're going to get a low score for one of those and thus a low overall score.

Hope this helps

Solution

seanc510

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

I'll check up on my scores soon.

JimHudd

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Hi, I've got the same problem on a Dell XPS L702X. Can you tell me how you found the CPU multiplier issue please? I'll try ThrottleStop and see but I'd love to know how you found the problem. Also could you share what other symptoms you found other than the WEI score please.

seanc510

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

In ThrottleStop, you can monitor the CPU multiplier on the right hand table. After running several benchmarks, I found that the highest the multiplier ever went was 8. This was confirmed when I used CPU-Z to check the frequency. Therfore, I tweaked the multiplier up with ThrottleStop and applied my tweaks. Rerunning the benchmark, I found that my score greatly improved. I didn't notice any other side effect aside from general "lagging". Hope this helps.