Why does IE Chrome & FF have half the volume

Pat518

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
So I listen to music on Pandora and Youtube quite a bit on my PC with some headphones. I noticed one day that when playing music on iTunes that when I play it on max volume I get max volume, it's really loud, but when I play music on the internet no matter what browser I use at max volume the sound from the internet section of the volume mixer is only half of the max. In other words if speaker volume is 100 and so is the internet I only get 50 from both.

http://

Just curious if anyone has a explanation why this happens or maybe a solution to get the volume louder.

Thanks

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
You might need to adjust the level in the windows volume mixer. Each program can have it's own sound level set.. And you need to have FF or chrome open and playing to do this...

Pat518

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
Maybe I didn't word it right. In the volume mixer both volume bars are set all the way up yet the output never actually gets close to the max. So lets say chrome is set at 100 (max) the output is more like 50-55.

Pat518

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
When I play music through iTunes also maxed at 100 in the volume mixer the output is also 100 and is significantly louder than any music played through the browser. So if iTunes can reach the actual max volume of the system why can't the internet browsers.

Pat518

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014

Actually there is a difference in sound volume, I'm using headphones and speakers. The quality between iTunes and youtube music vid is the same, but the volumes between them are completely different.