Solution
Well the card would only be used as "External" storage. So only if you moved things like photos, videos, music, etc., to the card would anything go there, or if you set up specific apps to save content there (like downloads). However apps themselves would not be able to be put on and run from the SD card unless you are 1. Running Android "Marshmallow" or can upgrade to it and 2. the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on that device.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device)...
Well the card would only be used as "External" storage. So only if you moved things like photos, videos, music, etc., to the card would anything go there, or if you set up specific apps to save content there (like downloads). However apps themselves would not be able to be put on and run from the SD card unless you are 1. Running Android "Marshmallow" or can upgrade to it and 2. the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on that device.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution

sir_albatros

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

By doing this, Would the data currently on the tablet Internal storage be moved over to the SD-card that's formatted into being the new Internal storage? For example, I have a game installed on my current Internal. If I wipe my SD card as Internal, what would happen to that game?

If you can convert the SD card to "Internal" the items currently on your "Internal" storage will only be moved if you move them yourself. It isn't automatic.

Also, if done that way, it is possible that they will show as still on both/taking up space on both. And all changes/additions would go to the SD card as "Internal" storage. Not to the actual tablets storage. Plus, the SD card will no longer be able to be considered "External" storage. It is a tad complicated. :)

Again, the game would stay where it is, unless you intentionally move it. Which might not be wise. However, you would be able to then download anything new to the card directly.

sir_albatros

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
So if the SD becomes the new Internal, would the tablet's system files and such continue to remain and function properly from the tablet original Internal storage without complication since it's now reading the SD as Internal? Would it almost work as a secondary Internal of sorts, but with the SD becoming the new location for apps and data to be stored as the primary? It doesn't bother me if it has the current info on both storages at this point because my SD is 128gb.

I don't have much on my SD card, so it's not hard for me to try it, but I just want to be cautious of any system issues with the tablet before trialing this.

Yes and no. Yes the stuff that originally comes on the phones storage will work fine. However the tablet will not see it as two internal storages. You will only see one and it would be saved to that way as well. You would not be able to say download to one and then also to the other.

I know of no issues arising from doing this that aren't user related. ;)

sir_albatros

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Not sure if you'd know, but if I put my apps onto the tablet's internal storage, then format the SD card as the new internal storage, would I be able to then move the apps from the old tablet internal to the new SD one? I'm asking because I want to know that any future data the apps download will be put onto the SD card, not the tablet. I hope that wasn't confusing.

Not confusing at all. :) And yes, to both questions. Just remember that the ones that were 'moved' to the SD card (now showing as "Internal" storage) may list still as taking up space on the tablets original storage. In such a case, and if it won't make it harder on you (lose game saves, data, etc.,) you may want to uninstall some of the apps completely and then redownload and install them directly to the new storage, rather than moving them over.