Why is my NEW battery draining so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computre

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I just got a new 12 cell battery from Anker on Amazon. My old battery use to last about 4 hrs on balanced mode when it was new. This new battery only lasts about 4 hours on powersaver mode. Using BatteryMon I can tell that my discharge rate is about 26000-35000mah on average. The battery is about 115000mah.

How did my old battery that was about 53000mah last 4 hours and this one does not? I checked the reviews and some people say that they get 6-9 hours of battery life. A friend of mine has an official 95000mah 9-cell that gets him 8 hours with the screen dimmed.

I have researched this topic and tried turning down all of my power settings, using throttlestop, and more. I have only done about 4-5 full discharge cycles but I probably only charged the battery once for the recommended (12 hours). The other times I have charged it about 4-8hrs each.

Any Ideas?

Solution
I've yet to get a 3rd party battery that is near an original one in quality. I've gotten 3-4 of them, they work OK for a week, even then they drain fast, after a week or a month, on every one of them had dropped capacity by half, would maybe get an hour of use out of them.

Spend the extra on a real OEM battery or you'll be spending that much anyway on buying several cheap ones and trying to return them.
I've yet to get a 3rd party battery that is near an original one in quality. I've gotten 3-4 of them, they work OK for a week, even then they drain fast, after a week or a month, on every one of them had dropped capacity by half, would maybe get an hour of use out of them.

Spend the extra on a real OEM battery or you'll be spending that much anyway on buying several cheap ones and trying to return them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.