why my laptop keyboard not working properly and on such event on removing power chord laptop shutting down immediately?

Aug 3, 2019
I have a dell 5359 and its nearly 3 years old. Recently I am having problem which is often while charging, my keyboard stops working properly. The problem with the keyboard is that I can not type the same key consecutively but on non consecutive key stroke it works fine and on such events if i remove the power chord laptop shuts immediately. I also went to local technician but they said it could be some driver issue and suggested to re install clean window but as I was planning to shift to linux I installed linux and still the problem is not solved. SOme of my friends suggested that it might be some kind of short circuit but I have nothing to confirm that. And on such event if I shut hte laptop normally it wont shut I have to remove the power chord in any cost to shut it down. Some times while shutting down it shows ACPI ERROR. Please anybody with expertise help me to find out what is wrong with my laptop.

Aug 3, 2019
Could be a bad battery, those can cause keyboard issues if they expand, and I have had a LOT of issues with Dell batteries last 5 years. Or a motherboard issue if replacing the battery does not help.
If its not a battery issue instead its a motherboard issue can you give me some specific area of problem and is it repairable easily or not? And thank you for your answer

If its not a battery issue instead its a motherboard issue can you give me some specific area of problem and is it repairable easily or not? And thank you for your answer

There is no way to know exactly where the issue is without someone actually looking and testing the motherboard areas. Most motherboard issues it is as cheap and much easier to replace the motherboard.

Aug 3, 2019
There is no way to know exactly where the issue is without someone actually looking and testing the motherboard areas. Most motherboard issues it is as cheap and much easier to replace the motherboard.
I found new lead to the problem during such period fan is also not working would it help to find out what is wrong?

Aug 3, 2019
Could be a bad battery, those can cause keyboard issues if they expand, and I have had a LOT of issues with Dell batteries last 5 years. Or a motherboard issue if replacing the battery does not help.
I tried running laptop without battery with power chord plugged in only bu the problem persisted . so that means it is not the battery problem right? what are the chances that it is a short circuit issue?

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
I found new lead to the problem during such period fan is also not working would it help to find out what is wrong?

A hot processor will cause all sorts of trouble / does problem only happen after some time. Unless it is very cold where you are using laptop, fan should be running

Last edited by a moderator: