Why Would Google Chrome Listen to You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekapproved

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Absolutely. My ex-mother-in-law just lost feeling in both arms, she can't even feed herself.
I have the same thing, and it may happen to me in the future and I was just thinking the other day, how will I live without the ability to communicate or surf the web on the computer. This is great.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I won't be using it, or most of the desktop and laptop users, for that matter. Anyway, they don't work well with Indian accents. *Not that I have a hard accent*

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
"but t isn't flawless and it makes mistakes."

perhaps Toms should try dictation software instead...

the writers seem to have typing troubles lately...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Opera has had voice navigation for a while on the desktop. I don't know if it types-in the URL for you, but I believe you can at least browse back and forth, select links, select speed-dial, etc... I haven't played with it much, because, as the article says, its not practical for most of us.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Let's have this cloud & make Watson show us what it can do!
By Isaac Asimov: "I, _" -What is I, Robot?
It won't work, but let's pretend... ;-)

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Its great for a phone (I like it on my Android) but I will stick to my keyboard. For me its just more natural than having a computer smart enough to understand what I say.

Next thing you know, Google will take over your computer and kill you. GoogleNet is the future.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
As someone else have said I think it reaches out to a specific niche like people with disabilities. Won't complain about it unless it slows everything else down.

Status
Not open for further replies.