Wide Open West cable

RayAnne1979

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
I have wide open west as my cable provider. My dr box is Arris. It is connected with an hdmi cord. It worked fine then all of a sudden it stopped having sound. I can get sound with av jacks. I tested the hdmi cord by connecting my laptop to my tv and got perfect sound and picture. My tv is a 46 in JVC. Any suggestions?

Solution
After checking the audio menu on the box as digitaldoc said the next thing is to do a cold reboot on the box. Unplug it from power and reconnect it after a minute. Sometimes this will fix this problem. If you try a different HDMI cable and a different input on the TV with no result get your cable provider to send a tech. He may just replace the box.
After checking the audio menu on the box as digitaldoc said the next thing is to do a cold reboot on the box. Unplug it from power and reconnect it after a minute. Sometimes this will fix this problem. If you try a different HDMI cable and a different input on the TV with no result get your cable provider to send a tech. He may just replace the box.

Solution