Will a 3.5 jack to usb adapter worsen headset quality?

May 12, 2018
Hey all! Im looking forward to buying a pair of plantronics headphones (Rig 600) I got a beast gaming pc but the headphone and mic jacks aren't exactly broken, but they make the sound screech when anything is connected, which is awful because i can't find a solution to fixing this. So i was thinking about buying an adapter so i could use the usb slot instead of the hp/mic jack.(https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NMXY2MO/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1526139429&sr=8-16&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb) And if it will make the headset quality worse, if so what can i do with the built in jacks to try to fix them (Pc - Alienware aurora R5)

Solution
It is about the same quality-wise as any on-board Realtek chipset solution that are common on budget boards and laptops.

It is a known issue to have mic quality issues when recording using the on-board solution (be it static or background noise) and a common fix is to use a USB sound card to resolve... I actually ran into this exact issue and did exactly the same thing, got a USB sound card which resolved all my mic static and background and noise issues.
It is about the same quality-wise as any on-board Realtek chipset solution that are common on budget boards and laptops.

It is a known issue to have mic quality issues when recording using the on-board solution (be it static or background noise) and a common fix is to use a USB sound card to resolve... I actually ran into this exact issue and did exactly the same thing, got a USB sound card which resolved all my mic static and background and noise issues.

Solution