will adding Ram to this system improve it a lot?

thekingofsofa

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
I have a cheap laptop and 'Im asking if i should upgrade the ram to make it MUCH faster.
Is the APU I am using already bad and adding ram won't make it better?

AMD E2-6110 1.5 gHz
2gb Ram
500gb harddrive
AMD Radeon R2 graphics

the ram usage is always above 75% and software tend to freeze and not respond
windows 10

Solution
You would probably see a slight improvement in overall performance if you increased the RAM. You're still going to be held back by the CPU/APU though, they're not very good.

Edit: Probably not worth spending money to upgrade the RAM. Save your dollars for future investment in a better laptop.

Hyboria

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
You would probably see a slight improvement in overall performance if you increased the RAM. You're still going to be held back by the CPU/APU though, they're not very good.

Edit: Probably not worth spending money to upgrade the RAM. Save your dollars for future investment in a better laptop.

Solution

thekingofsofa

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

The cpu usage is very low and that is why i think it is the RAMs problem

In CSGO I experience 40fps but something causes it to freeze from time to time. IS this the RAMs problem?

thekingofsofa

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

thanks for the help. I am still going to upgrade the RAM because this is my dads laptop and he doesn't game but needs it a bit faster. I will go for that small improvment. THANKS

thekingofsofa

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

I am getting a laptop and I am probably not going to pay for the upgrade on my dads laptop.