Will changing the thermal paste help with the GPU chip failure? Also, "GPU Reflow".

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
My Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 had been heating up for over an year now and I didn't bother to do anything about it. Recently my GPU chip started having problems (white lines on screen and three beeps from the motherboard). My laptop now starts only after many tries. The repair guy informed me that the problem is in the GPU chip on the motherboard.
So, as a solution I came accross "GPU Reflow". Now, the basic idea is heating up the motherboard in an oven or with a heat gun. I was thinking since my laptop does start-up sometimes, I can just turn on a game and my laptop would just overheat in the same way. Although not just as hot and only for 10-15 minutes before shutting down automatically because of overheating. Will this help with the problem?
Alternatively, I was thinking of cleaning the dust inside the laptop and changing the thermal paste to stop all the over-heating. Will this help?

the mb part number is Dell P/N: N35X3, 0N35X3 there no nvidia chipset that had cold soilder issue on that model. if the unit in good shape you could pick up a refurbed system board for 100.00 on ebay and try and swap the mb out yourself. or you could see your unit for parts on ebay and buy a newer laptop for about the cost of the new system board.

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Thing is I don't have the money right now. And it has an AMD chip. My question is that if I solve the overheating, will it help with the GPU failing again and again.