Will this Onkyo work on PC?

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello, I was wondering if this home theatre (Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package) found on Amazon.com should work on PC?

Solution

With a whole system like that, the speaker wire is probably included. It might not be long...

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Should work just fine. I have a Insignia made fro Best Buy that is made by Onkyo that looks almost like that one that I am using with my PC. I have it connected to my PC though HDMI and it works with every audio codec I have tried including DTS-MA DD-True HD audio out.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

What do you have plugged in from the PC to receiver?

USAFRet

Illustrious

1/8" mini plug out to L/R RCA jacks.

I have the TX-NR414, which is also network capable. Open Win Explorer, and drag an audio file directly to it from the PC and play.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

All I need is the optical out for audio? That seems like a short list of wires lol.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Hello, I have not bought a home theatre system in... 6 years, also, an only ℗, but different surround sound speakers. Will I need the extra copper wiring for the extra 5 speakers that come with it? Thanks, :).

USAFRet

Illustrious

With a whole system like that, the speaker wire is probably included. It might not be long enough for your particular installation, though.

In my current installation, a 15x15 space took 100' of wiring for a 5.1 setup. With almost zero to spare.

(room is larger...that's just where the speakers and receiver are)

Solution