Windows 10 login issue.

Laptop_Issues

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Windows 10 lets me enter password, but after entering, refreshes back to log in page. Does not display incorrect password message, just goes back to the log in page. I can boot into safe mode, and log in from there, and once restarted from safe mode, can log in once. If the user is logged out again, same issue occurs.

I have already reinstalled windows completely once, and about 3 weeks later the same issue occured.

Solution
Which version of Windows you have? Try if this problem also appears when you remove the password (when you just need to click login instead of entering password)?

Probably it's not the answer but a few years ago I had similar problem and just figured out that my caps-lock is turning on by itself :D

kicker_boy

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Which version of Windows you have? Try if this problem also appears when you remove the password (when you just need to click login instead of entering password)?

Probably it's not the answer but a few years ago I had similar problem and just figured out that my caps-lock is turning on by itself :D

Solution

Laptop_Issues

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Not sure if this is how to reply, but anyway.

Removing the password/disabling log in on turn on does fix the issue, but because I take the laptop with me to university almost every day, its not the most favourable option. Its running windows 10 anniversary edition, not sure of the exact build number but can let you know in the morning :)

Thanks