Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change.... F8 doesn't work.

rappit

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Hi guys!
I'm in a bit of a trouble here. My laptop got bricked after accidentaly installed paragon partition managers boot manager and when I uninstalled I got the massage Windows failed to start.
File: \Boot\BCD
F8 is not working either. I got a usb with win 8 on it and I tried to repair startup like 8 times but is also said failed. Restoring to an earlier point doesn't work either on the win8 installler. I need some help, I don't want to reinstall windows.
Thanks in advance!

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
What did you do with the paragon software? If startup repair can't fix it im not sure what I can do without knowing exactly what you did to cause this, just installing and uninstalling that software should not have done anything. I would say try to boot with safe mode but if f8 does nothing you cant do that, sounds like you may have killed that OS.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I woudl suggest an upgrade to windows 10, but i guess you should have done that while it was free.
If you are literally on W8, not W8.1, making a USB W8.1 stick and doing the upgrade will fix your problem.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

Download a fresh copy of windows Media Creation Tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
Make a bootable USB drive, boot off it and select upgrade.