davebu

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014
I replaced the hard drive in a Windows XP Desktop and have reloaded all of the software. While trying to reload a licensed copy of X Software Video Vault, the process is to enter the licenses information and the registration automatically goes to the X Software server for verification. The problem is that these people have gone out of business and the server is no longer on line.

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can make Video Vault functional? I know "Hackers" is considered a "dirty word" by a lot of people, but in that I have a valid purchased license and registration, I am open to suggestions on this. This is a really great program and I would really like to keep it functional.

Solution
That often happens. The company goes out of business, and you are out of luck as far as 'making it work'.
There is no workaround.
Your ' valid purchased license and registration' only counts as long as the company still exists. Which they apparently do not.

It is an ancient transcoding application. There are other applications (free, open source) that will do exactly the same thing, and better. Look around and find them.

See what works for you.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
No one here is going to help you bypass any security, for any reason. In business or not, it is not allowed here. Try and find an email address for them or someone who can help you, cause no one here can, its against the rules here.

USAFRet

Illustrious
That often happens. The company goes out of business, and you are out of luck as far as 'making it work'.
There is no workaround.
Your ' valid purchased license and registration' only counts as long as the company still exists. Which they apparently do not.

It is an ancient transcoding application. There are other applications (free, open source) that will do exactly the same thing, and better. Look around and find them.

See what works for you.

Solution