Xbox 720 Won't Play Used Games; Wii U Better Than X360

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
One theory is that games will be initially tied and registered to one Xbox Live account.

Scumbag Microsoft.
There goes lending games to friends.

If I pick up one of these consoles, it will be modchipped as soon as a solution for this problem (which shouldn't exist anyways) is released.

Also, it's funny that (if those predictions are correct) that Nintendo (of all companies) will be more or less the standard for PC game development for the next 5 years or so.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
gfx is similar to 6670....
i wonder if even highly optimized games for the consoles would look as good as they would do on a pc with core i5 2500k + radeon hd 7970.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Personally I think that this sort of approach is a BIG mistake.
If I buy something, use it, and then decide to sell it that should be my prerogative.
So what if all manufacturers of everything took this approach?? That would mean NO second hand cars, TV's or anything else.
I think the governing bodies should step in on this and let them know that this is an unfair business practice and prevent it from happening!!

G

"once the Xbox 720 makes its debut towards the end of 2013" - There has been no info released by Microsoft that even remotely hints to when the next console will be released. Your given date is completely fabricated.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I have Xbox 360 slim, and I already have so much problem comparing to Wii or PS3.

1. Most of the games are region lock, and all the games (including Xbox 360) is not officially sold in my Country. 3 out of 10 games that I bought online cannot be played. MS can't even label the games clearly. They are putting consumer on risk!

2. MS point are rated / valued differently and in many cases I can't use MS point that I purchased from other regions. I don't know why.

And now they are implementing this Not Able to Play Used Games feature. I hope they can AT LEAST LABEL IT CLEARLY on all the CDs and tell customers whether it can be re-sold or not.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Excuse my ignorance but how can the 720 be 6 times faster then the 360, the wii u 2 times then the 360 yet the 720 be only 20% better the the wii u???? Math wise it doesn't make a lot of sense :D Maybe someone can explain

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]bboysil[/nom]Excuse my ignorance but how can the 720 be 6 times faster then the 360, the wii u 2 times then the 360 yet the 720 be only 20% better the the wii u???? Math wise it doesn't make a lot of sense Maybe someone can explain[/citation]

It is based on the original design specs for the wii U but as the sources are under NDA then its still no more than FUD and rumour, the original design was said to be 4.8x as powerfull as the xbox 360 but this developer (whether its the current DEV kit that is to be blamed) says its only seeing 2x the performance improvement.

G

If it has a feature that will not let you play any part of a used game, I will not be buying it.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I highly doubt the source for this is accurate. Whilst some developers ARE making a push to prevent/cripple the sale of used games I highly doubt that Microsoft would make such a decision.

It simply seems far to irrational, as well as resource intensive to develop a system to basically damage the sale of their own systems.

In my opinion Microsoft should develop better piracy prevention mechanisms. This would be a win-win for both sides. Those who buy used games (open box included) wouldn't have any problems and Microsoft would gain some more profit from a cut of the game sales.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]AIstudio[/nom]Personally I think that this sort of approach is a BIG mistake. If I buy something, use it, and then decide to sell it that should be my prerogative.So what if all manufacturers of everything took this approach?? That would mean NO second hand cars, TV's or anything else.I think the governing bodies should step in on this and let them know that this is an unfair business practice and prevent it from happening!![/citation]
Because Microsoft is forcing you to buy the console?

ibboard

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
One theory is that games will be initially tied and registered to one Xbox Live account.
What, you mean like Games for Windows Live? PCs are already getting screwed by this one.

By all means do what Assassin's Creed: Revalations collector's edition did and do some extra niceties for the first purchaser that are unlocked with a one-time code, but crippling resales like that makes it *way* closer to rental than purchase.

Game retail: Giving you all the disadvantages of a rental with none of the benefits, all packaged under the name of "a sale"!

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It just boggles my mind seeing how xbox 360 being 6 times slower (on GPU processing) than AMD 6670 1GB DDR5 can have so much punch. Time for PC game coders to wake up, anyone? What good is GTX 780 and AMD 7970 if the games are resource hogs?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I don't get why they make such a big deal out of used game sales.
Gaming consoles have been around since the 1970s and people have traded used games ever since.

I think they're just blaming bad sales on used games, rather than facing the fact, that people don't want to spend 50-60bucks on shit games and stale sequels.
The market is simply over saturated with generic sequels and *insertpopularserieshere*-clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.