Xbox One Controller for PC not working correctly ?

Buckzz

Estimable
May 22, 2014
Hi I have just downloaded the Xbox One controller drivers Microsoft brought out a couple of months back and I am having this weird problem when I go into play Borderlands 2 the controller is working but when I press the A button it opens the game Insurgency from my Steam library ? I have no idea why this is happening anyone have any ideas and can help me ? Thanks. ( Hope I have this in the right category )

Solution
I would try to re- configure the controller ( keys ) buttons.

If that dont work.

"For Windows 8

On a computer that’s running Windows 8, you can use Devices and Printers to manage the controller. Here’s how:

On the Start screen, click Control Panel.
Click View Devices and Printers.
Verify that the controller appears under Devices, then right-click the controller and click Game controller settings.
Check the Status of the controller, and then click Properties.
On the Settings tab click Calibrate.
Note You’ll be prompted to use the directional pad (also referred to as the D-pad), but use the left stick instead. If you use the directional pad, the left stick configuration may be incorrect.

To use the Device Calibration Wizard to...

GmanBOSS

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
I would try to re- configure the controller ( keys ) buttons.

If that dont work.

"For Windows 8

On a computer that’s running Windows 8, you can use Devices and Printers to manage the controller. Here’s how:

On the Start screen, click Control Panel.
Click View Devices and Printers.
Verify that the controller appears under Devices, then right-click the controller and click Game controller settings.
Check the Status of the controller, and then click Properties.
On the Settings tab click Calibrate.
Note You’ll be prompted to use the directional pad (also referred to as the D-pad), but use the left stick instead. If you use the directional pad, the left stick configuration may be incorrect.

To use the Device Calibration Wizard to configure the axes of your game controller, click Next.
Leave the left stick centered. Press any button on the controller.
Move the left stick to all the corners, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the Z axis (use the left and right triggers) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the X rotation (move the right stick) left and right, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the Y rotation (move the right stick) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
To save your configuration, click Finish.
On the Test tab, test the operation of the controller.
If you're satisfied with the new settings, click OK two times. If you're not satisfied, click Settings, and then click Reset to default. When you click Reset to default, the device controls are reset to the original, default settings."

" For Windows 7 and earlier versions

Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
In the Game Controllers window, click XNA Gamepad, and then click Properties.
Click the Settings tab, and then click Calibrate.
Follow the steps in the Device Calibration Wizard.
Note When you're prompted to use the directional pad (also referred to as the D-pad), use the left stick instead. If you use the directional pad, the left stick configuration may be incorrect.

To use the Device Calibration Wizard to configure the axes of your game controller, click Next.
Move the left stick to all the corners, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the Z axis (use the left and right triggers) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the X rotation (move the right stick) left and right, and then press any button on the controller.
Move the Y rotation (move the right stick) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
To save your configuration, click Finish.
Click Apply, and then test the operation of the controller.
If you're satisfied with the new settings, click OK two times.
If you're not satisfied, click Settings, and then click Reset to defaults. When you click Reset to defaults, the device controls are reset to the original, default settings.

Note This information applies only to the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. For assistance with other gamepads or joysticks, refer to the peripheral manufacturer’s website or support center. For information on configuring a specific game to be played with a controller, refer to the game publisher’s website or support center. '

Solution