XP Pro Login Screen And Repair Screens Frozen

cantankerous9

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Have been trying since November to get my original XP Pro Hard Drive bootable again. The logon screen always freezes so the cursor WILL NOT MOVE TO THE PASSWORD BOX.
Have in the last few days actually placed the original XP PRO SP 3 CD into drive and tried a repair as per prompts. It goes all the way to the screen asking for time, area, etc. and then the cursor will not move nor allow me to input anything into that screen either.
I have 4 other hard drives that have XP Pro SP3 on them. Is there a file I can copy or transfer to the frozen system so that I can again boot that drive? I can read ALL the Files and Folders on that particular drive. Which means I can Copy or Transfer files and or Folders to that drive and over write as necessary.
PS. Tab DOES NOT Work either trying to move cursor. CTRL - ALT - DEL does not function either. Please HELP!

cantankerous9

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Actually tigsounds, THAT WAS NOT THE CORRECT OR WORKING SOLUTION. I still have very expensive pieces of software sitting on a hard drive I can't boot. I just recently went into the hard drive and Windows Folder, and did a search for ALL FILES AND FOLDERS that were dated AFTER the USER Hang, and just started to delete the crap out of them. Have not tried putting drive back into system and/ or tried booting from. It' just seems funny that I can connect the drive externally and read ALL the Files and Folders on all 4 partitions, delete and add to them, I just can't boot into. Somehow, somewhere, Microsoft KNOWS where the USER Account File is and how to change without actually being in the drive. Or where the file the activates and deactivates Services is. THEY just won't tell us. :)-