Xps 13 9360 won't boot up showing 2 Amber and 1 white light

May 10, 2018
My xps 13 ( 1 yr old and out of warranty) won't boot up after updates from Dell. Power light will turn on for few seconds and will light the keyboard then suddenly the power light will switch off and the battery indicator wid flash two Amber and one white blinking. I tried to contact the Dell and their answer was the defect may be mainboard nd needs to be replaced. I disconnected battery nd power switched for 30 seconds and nothing happened. This happened a month back after dells bios update and after 20 days not working the laptop suddenly came to life for few days. The problem again came up yesterday when I shut down anyway to stop the update. Some say it may be problem of bios or PSU. Can anyone please help. Though I bought my laptop in us, I don't live there now so can't send my laptop for repair.

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
It looks like you posted this to Dell's fourms as well. Even if you hadn't, I'd say some capacitor/transistor on the mainboard has gone bad. Unfortunately, laptop processors are almost exclusively soldered onto the motherboard, so the entire thing needs to be replaced (probably).

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
It looks like you posted this to Dell's fourms as well. Even if you hadn't, I'd say some capacitor/transistor on the mainboard has gone bad. Unfortunately, laptop processors are almost exclusively soldered onto the motherboard, so the entire thing needs to be replaced (probably).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
Spacex170 Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Ap2235 Laptop Tech Support 4
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 0
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
eden02 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0