Yamaha Rx-v675 not recognized over network

spike101x

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
I have my receiver connected to my network via ethernet. It shows up on the network map. A right click gives you the option to install the decive. I did. Yet still it will not show up as an audio decive. I just want to be able to use it as an audio output device. I tried adding a new device, but windows finds nothing.

I called yamaha and they said they would get back to me in 5 days. 5 freaking days!!!

I'm sure it would work fine to connect it via hdmi or the other millions of connections it accepts, but that's not the point. I want to use it as an audio device from any pc on the network.

What are you trying to do?
In wnidows a audio device is either a network device with content on it or something with storage like an mp3 player. You will not see the stereo in the windows device list as the stereo has no content on it natively. I have the vx673 and not 1 of the 4 windows machines in my house sees the stereo as a network audio device.

From the v675 you can select server as the input and it will see your upnp stream from your computer (what you have shared in windows media player) as well as any other dlna/upnp stream devices that are up an running.

You can use the android or iphone Yamaha app to browse the upnp streams of your network.
You can use bubble upnp or other program on your phone to send content from a computer to the "render" of the stereo.

spike101x

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
All I want to do is use the receiver as an audio output device...

I.e. Computer 1 is playing an mp3. It wants the audio to come out of the speakers attached to the receiver.

All it needs to do is play the sounds that are coming from the computer...simple as can be. No complicated streaming platforms, wifi connectivity or any other complicated ideas. Just play the audio that a computer is generating. I don't want to hook up a bunch of extra AV connections. I just want the sound to come from the computer over the network and out the speakers attached to the receiver.