You are Currently Not using a Display Attached to an Nvidia GPU .

aswinmohanme

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
I have a Lenovo G580 that's an Year Old .

My DxDiag Output ( Please Take a Look there are some Errors that I don't Understand )
My DxDiag Output ( On PasteBin)

My Graphics Card Properties
e6zpAod.png

So Here's My Problem(s) ,

1. When I Start the Nvidia Control Panel
QeIH7Uy.png

2. When I Goto the Device Manager and Click on Nvidia Card
The Device was Stopped because it reported some errors . Code (43 )

3. The 'Run with Graphics Processor ' Option is missing from the Explorer Menu .

Things I have Done :

1. Reinstalled Windows 8 ( 2 Times )
2. Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers
* Recommended Drivers
* Latest Drivers
* Beta Drivers
3. Used the Driver Cleaner from Guru 3D , and Driver Fusion and CC Cleaner to Remove the Remenants of the Drivers
4. Thrashed on the Keyboard , and Still Nothing.

So What should I Do ? Thanks in advance :D

George Phillips

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
Lenovo's laptop is a bad place to start with because of bad support and aggressive cost and quality cutting. The best solution is to sell it and get a Dell or HP, and there will be fewer issues.

aswinmohanme

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Iam just 17 Years Old and got this Laptop after a hell lot of struggle , So Reselling it is no longer an Option .

Did you check if the system is in warranty? When did this issue start? Did you try to overclock it or anything? If a clean Windows setup does not run with the drivers, very likely the hardware is bad, or maybe it's disabled in the BIOS. Did you try the Lenovo video drivers or just nVidia ones? For laptops, the official driver support is from the laptop vendor, the reference ones from the chip maker may or may not work but are not supported for troubleshooting.

Since when does Lenovo have bad support or quality? Last laptop quality ranking I saw had Apple, ASUS and Lenovo in top spots. Dell may be almost equal, HP I would rank behind Dell.

Sorry to say that this sounds like classic GPU failure. When you reinstalled Windows, did you run the factory recovery? Or did you actually perform a full installation (boot from installation media and start from scratch)?

George Phillips

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
It's a classical situation when there is a quality or build issue from the manufacturer Lenovo. Is this still covered under warranty? The best way might be to replace it. Before that, I recommend to back up all important data asap in case the laptop PC fails totally.

aswinmohanme

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Then How Do I make Sure that it it a Hardware Failure ? Also I was able to make the Card Work for a couple of Seconds , then the Screen Just went blue and Windows said it encountered a Error ( Like that's New ) and then it Restarted , and the Card has been like this ever since .

You sort of have, already. I can only go off of what you tell us, and leading off of that and our experience, these are all symptoms of a GPU that has kicked the bucket.

After approximately a year of ownership? I don't see how blanket condemning Lenovo's products is helpful.

aswinmohanme

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

But If it is a Hardware Problem , then Shouldn't TechPowerup GPU-Z should NOT be Detecting It ?

aswinmohanme

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Sorry Iam a Little Late , So Here's the Story

One Fine Day I was Playing Assassins Creed Black Flag , I was just Running around and then suddenly the Game Became Stuck with and played a wierd Sound . Then the machine shuts down and then Restarts again , and I was greeted with a BlueScreen saying that the Service Nvidiada kind of thing was stopped . I played again and this time I noticed a sgnificant fps drop and then I realised that the Nvidia Card was not working .

I did some things that I don't remember but was able to make the Card Work Again , then I played NFS The Run , and After I started the First Race , the Cycle Continued again , and I am was not able to make it work Ever Since.

2. I didn't overclock it .

3. I Installed Windows From Lenovo's One Key Recovery and Restored to the Factory Setup.

Update : I even have Installed Ubunutu 15.04 , and the Graphics Card Doesn't Work there too .

Depends on the type of failure. Most of the time, the system still picks up the presence of the device, even when the device no longer functions properly. Zero detection is rare and more often a firmware problem, specifically.