Youtube videos not playing

akaikisaki

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Hey guys,

For the past three days, youtube just keeps on showing the error-

'an error occurred please try later'

The whole youtube page loads just fine i:e, thumbnails,,comments..etc. But i am unable to watch any video due to the error.

Then i checked other video streaming sites like dailymotion and yahoo videos..they are working fine. The problem is just with youtube videos.

I am using two browsers..Firefox 29.0.1 and Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.04. And both of them are unable to play any youtube videos.

I have already updated the flash player yesterday. Cleared cookies & caches. Started firefox in safe mode. But nothing changed. The videos are still not playing.

Please help.
Thanks.

PS:
1). updated firefox to 30.0. Still nothing.

2). downloaded and installed chrome. Youtube videos are playing in chrome. But i dont want to use chrome. I want to stay with firefox only.

Why chrome!!!?? Why not firefox and maxthon. Is this some sorta trick or business strategy by google so that everyone is forced to use Chrome.

Solution
Found a solution.

Had to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8(preferred) and 8.8.4.4(alternate). Videos are now working fine in youtube.

That's strange however..cause its been almost 3 years since i started using the internet on my PC, and all this time, the DNS was set to 'obtain dns server address automatically'. I have no idea why all of a sudden youtube wont work unless DNS changed to 8.8.8.8.

akaikisaki

Estimable
May 16, 2014

I haven't performed an antivirus.antimalware scan yet.

Softwares: Avast free 9 and Malwarebytes anti malware.

akaikisaki

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Thnx snowctrl.

Did the antivirus scan. No threats detected. Nothing changed.

Again..

> downloaded and installed chrome.Youtube videos are playing in chrome.

> checked other video streaming sites like dailymotion and yahoo videos..they are working fine. The problem is just with youtube videos.

akaikisaki

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Found a solution.

Had to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8(preferred) and 8.8.4.4(alternate). Videos are now working fine in youtube.

That's strange however..cause its been almost 3 years since i started using the internet on my PC, and all this time, the DNS was set to 'obtain dns server address automatically'. I have no idea why all of a sudden youtube wont work unless DNS changed to 8.8.8.8.

Solution

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

Well found