Marie_9

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
I do not know what is wrong with my laptops but when I watch TV shows I have downloaded like say (King of The Hill) (American
Dad) (Family Guy) (That 70s Show) and a bunch more.

My laptop won't shut off unexpectedly, but if I watch a movie like (Fast 7) (Get Hard) and a bunch bunch more, my laptops shut down unexpectedly with in a minute or two of watching them, I turn it back on and after every time I do it shuts down unexpectedly every time.,

I am using VLC Media Player, I checked my CPU usage and nothing is using a lot of it but it says CPU running between 80%-100% @ all times using Advanced System Care 9 Ram and CPU usage Indicator. I went to my task manager and nothing is using a lot of CPU like the indicator says, it keeps shutting down after 1-2 min of watching movies only! but never happens when watching TV shows! (Keep in mind all shows and movies are downloaded and not using internet at all) I need help!!! It also happens on my Dell Inspiron computer laptop as well. Please help! Anyone!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a test with the battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then boot it up with just the AC adapter connected then try watching those video files again and observe if the same problem will happen or not.
- If it does happen without the battery do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage then test it again.
- If it will still shut down with a different AC adapter then the problem lies inside the laptop.
- You'll need to open the laptop and remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU.
- If it doesn't work as well run a virus/malware scan. Please use the link below for the complete guide and tools.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- Your last option would be to reinstall Windows and if it will not solve the problem then the problem would be the motherboard.