Solved! Acer Laptop Random Keys not working after water spill

Out Of

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
Hey I got some (not a lot) water spilled on my laptop keyboard and now many of keys doesn't seem to work, or they get stuck. Not physically stuck but when you press 's' for example it just keeps typing sssss.... Some keys still work normally.

The laptop itself works normally. All usb ports seem to work.

Is there any way to fix this? Do you think the laptop itself could still be damaged?
Spill happened yesterday. I tried drying it with paper, I also the put laptop upside down overnight.

I guess I could plug in an external keyboard if there no way save the normal one.

I've got an acer aspire v5 something.

Solution
Did you leave the laptop open to dry for a few days? If not, that is the most likely problem. Even a small amount of liquid, when it gets inside, goes all over. It can spread to places you really don't expect it to. It takes a lot longer to dry than people want to think, which can lead to even more problems. How? Well if you use the device and the water gets anywhere near the power (cord/battery) well things can go badly. That doesn't have to happen right away either. If not given enough time to dry out, without being used/turned on, and it is a smaller amount of liquid, it can take a while for it to get to some places. Also, when you move the device, and there is still liquid inside, it can go all over.

My advice is to turn it off...
Did you leave the laptop open to dry for a few days? If not, that is the most likely problem. Even a small amount of liquid, when it gets inside, goes all over. It can spread to places you really don't expect it to. It takes a lot longer to dry than people want to think, which can lead to even more problems. How? Well if you use the device and the water gets anywhere near the power (cord/battery) well things can go badly. That doesn't have to happen right away either. If not given enough time to dry out, without being used/turned on, and it is a smaller amount of liquid, it can take a while for it to get to some places. Also, when you move the device, and there is still liquid inside, it can go all over.

My advice is to turn it off, unplug it, take out the battery and leave it open to dry. Give it a couple days. Yes I do mean days. The more liquid, the more days. Then put it back together and test it out.

Solution