Alienware completely dead after installing old driver

kher12

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
My 7 months old alienware 14 (still under the 1 year warranty)just decided to die on me. The scenario was:
I was trying to update my directX, like soon after it was finishing up the update it completely died like everything is dead.I tried to turn it on but nothing happened no lights, no fans nothing at all. The only thing that I can see is my battery indicator which is on if I put it on charge. Later that I know that I installed a old driver

My questions is:
1. What happened to it? What are the damages?

2. I know the repairs and replacement parts are all covered by the warranty. But for worst case scenario, if they can't fix it will they give me a new replacement not a refurbished one. Btw I live in the U.S
Thank you in advance for helping

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
This is incredibly bizarre. Try unplugging it from power, and removing the battery.

Once the battery is out, hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds until its discharged completely.

Then you can go ahead and replace the battery, plug it in, and power it up.

Do you get anything?

kher12

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
@pcmagic ikr.. its like there's a kill switch that it died instantly.

anyways i tried to power drain it like you have said, i actually hold it down for more than 30 secs. ofcourse after i remove the battery out and after that, i put it back on like you have said. and tried to turn it on but still nothing happened no lights blinking, no fans, nothing at all. thanks for your suggestion though

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Youre going to need to send this is for warranty repair.

Anything else, like opening up the computer and replacing parts on your own will void your warranty. Just make sure that they repair it properly and you should be okay!