rayoz

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Hi recently most of my programs wont start and crashes. First it was skype acting up then i reinstalled it and it worked after that premiere pro cs6 and i dont know how it worked after a while and now freemake video converter .,, I use these programs to edit my youtube videos and i really need it. Plus itunes has stopped working too!!

Solution
As JefferyD90 mentioned it could be some type of virus/malware. Run a virus check to make sure your computer is clean. If nothing shows up then scan the hard drive for errors. Are you getting any error messages or do the programs just refuse to start? You could also try running sfc /scannow from a command prompt with elevated privileges (run as administrator). Here are directions on how to do so: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
This sounds like you should do a clean install of Windows. If all of these programs have been affected then what else is going wrong that you dont know about? I would suggest its probably some form of malware that has edited a registry key or something.

As JefferyD90 mentioned it could be some type of virus/malware. Run a virus check to make sure your computer is clean. If nothing shows up then scan the hard drive for errors. Are you getting any error messages or do the programs just refuse to start? You could also try running sfc /scannow from a command prompt with elevated privileges (run as administrator). Here are directions on how to do so: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

Solution

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
And just to be clear, if you do have malware you want to go ahead and do a clean install of Windows. Specifically because if there is a harmful file there that you know about, whats there that you dont know about?

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Why cant you just reinstal your programs? Serious, if your this lost you shouldnt be trying to fix it yourself. Take it to a pro. Not trying to be mean just trying to save you a headache later on.