Android does not detect external SD card

Prashant Mukherjee

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I have installed a separate SD card with 8 GB memory. I attach my mobile with my laptop through a USB port.Then I activate USB storage and activation is confirmed.I see two extra drives in the left pane of windows explorer as G and H.Both the drives show full memory and gives a message to insert a drive.But my external SD card is empty with more than 7 GB memory.Please help.Thanks

Solution
May be you guys need something like this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ugodevices/expandable-sd-and-micro-sd-storage-for-android-use/messages/5696998

It sticks to the back of your phone and lets you attach an SD / Micro SD card on the go... Give it a try.. may be it will solve your problem..

a67c34183507a37d34fcd63837a55dc8_large.jpg

RobertK Asia

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Picking up this conversation, yes, the phone is recognized by my computer and I can open the files. Internal phone storage according to my phone = 145 MB free, just below it I get Phone Storage available 0 KB, and the SD card I just put in it is not recognized by my computer. It does appear named on my SD card manager app but it seems to be inaccessible. What to do?

kimianderson8

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

I'm having the same problem, computer only recognize phone internal memory, but not SD card. So if I want to access files on SD card, I have to take out SD card and then insert SD card to computer card reader slot, kind of troublesome.