Android Tablets and Logitech's "Unifying Adapter" and/or Standard USB Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this, or tried it... but...

I was looking to buy the Logitech K800 illuminated keyboard, which for whatever reason Logitech decided to forgo the bluetooth in favour of their "unifying receiver" which looks like a bluetooth adapter but is specific to Logitech.

Question is, if I plug the USB "Unifying Adapter" into an OTG Micro USB Adapter, and plug that into a Nexus 10... would the keyboard work?

Also, in general, using the same OTG adapter, would a normal keyboard work plugged in with USB?

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I have a Motorolla Razr HD MAXX And I have plugged in wireless devices into the OTG and have had them work. I'm running Android 4.1.1 with out issue. I am however rooted and have a few apps that allow me to properly mount these kind of devices. Not sure about unrooted devices. I also have an Asus Eee Pad Slider which again is rooted but has an actually USB port and again I have used Wireless stuff without issue.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I'm wondering about that logitech 'unifying' thing if it may require drivers to run... again its like bluetooth but, specific to logitech. USB direct would be good, don't really need wireless, but, if I get that keyboard I'll likely never use the wireless part since the keyboard never leaves the desk, but for the occasional typing for the Nexus 10, it may be handy.

Scritter

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

My K400 works well with my galaxy tab 7.0+ The backlit key - I'm jealous!

Sk1ppy7

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
i'd just like to let everyone know that i came across this forum in search of an answer to this question i'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere but i found this as a top google search result so i'm sure others will find their way here as well i would like to let you know my phone (nexus 6) is stock with no root or changes of any sort. I would like to report that my sweet Logitech k800 wireless illuminated keyboard worked plug and play with the micro usb to regular usb adapter then plugging in the usb connector for the keyboard Bounus!

Astrotheque

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
There is one problem with that. The device/keyboard must already be paired witht the unifying reciever to work. There is no software that logitech makes to work with the unifying reciever on an Android device. However, it would be a great idea, because that is exactly how I typed this message.

Jul 2, 2018

Can I pair on Windows and then plug mouse + keyboard already paired in Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.