asus f3jc laptop won't start up with battery and power adaptor plugged in-

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
battery is fully charged and working - power button does nothing ,so to start it ,have to take battery out -reconnect the power adaptor -it then starts automatically without pressing the power button, What's happening -Can anyone help -please?
note; The power button will put the laptop to sleep mode - so i'm sure it is working OK-
Maybe my settings need changing but what-??

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016

IT'S A RELATIVE NEW BATTERY - SO IT'S PROBABLY NOT THE SOLUTION- ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Sorry, did not mean to shout -.
Having tried different tests, I've now found that having the battery out and then shut down as normal. After 5 mins it would not start with the power button, so again replugged in the charger and it started immediatly without having to press the power button-help please?

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hi, I've followed your suggestion. Stripped the laptop -replaced the cmos battery- still no difference -what a painstaking job- Any further thoughts that may help please

I know it's not that easy to change the CMOS battery, but now we know it's not the cause of your problem. Two new tests, first go into the BIOS and save it to the default settings, in the last page you will see this option. If you still have the same problem, try to update the BIOS, go to Asus site and for your model try the latest BIOS.

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
ok my frind i've carried out your tests you suggested -1. set the bios to default
2.then updated bios from 305 to 307 successfully
But still no joy - still have to take the main battey out and then replug the charger in- it starts straight away without trying to press the start button- i'm comlpetely baffled - can you suggest anything more- ?

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Dear Jarotech-Hope you've not given up on me - I understand if you can't help any more-
So realising it's on its last legs- I' ve just changed every option to Hibernate- so that, when boot it up it comes on with everything as I left it I'm also using a free program to auto update the time and date . leaving the battery out of course.
Many thanks for your time and patience with me

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016
hello, Yes I have to take everything out, then when I Plug the charger in (without the battery ) it boots up without pressing the power button. Even though i'm connected to the internet the time is set at the original updated bios 307 time of year 2008.
To stop me from having to change the date and time, I downloaded a program that does it automatically for me on startup.
Hope this helps-it's so frustrating not knowing what is going on.

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016

AllanFS

Commendable
May 18, 2016