ASUS GM501 GTX 1070 i7-8750H or wait for Next Gen GPUs?

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

I'm in need of a laptop since I cannot always work and game on my main PC cos of various reasons (children sleeping, stressy environment etc).. I've been looking at the ASUS ROG GM501 with a GTX 1070 and a i7-8750H with 16GB of RAM and a 256SSD+1TB HDD which is about 2.300€ in my country.

Link: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-M-GM501/

The only thing that is holding me off is the possibility of the new NVIDIA GPUs coming out by the end of this year. I know no one knows what exactly they'll bring and what prices they'll set but I still want some suggestions and opinions from you, experts.

Should I wait or purchase this beast? I hope to keep it for at least 3-5 years, since I got my main PC purchased a few years ago with an i7-4790K and a GTX 970 with 16GBs of RAM and it still smashes anything I throw at it without any major issues.

Thanks for any input guys, very appreciated!

Solution
If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.
If you have a need now, buy now.

Laptops are largely not upgradeable as to cpu/gpu/screen, so buy what you think you will need for the future.
Aug 1, 2018

That review is for the last year's version which had a i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1080 Max-Q and a weird keyboard placement. But I do get your point.

Thanks!

geofelt

Distinguished
If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.
If you have a need now, buy now.

Laptops are largely not upgradeable as to cpu/gpu/screen, so buy what you think you will need for the future.

Solution