xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with a laptop that I've just started to put games on (Desktop got re-purposed as a Studio PC, so I'm using a couple year old laptop) and I'm having a huge amount of problems with the graphics running anywhere between 20fps to as low as 2fps ONLY on the lowest settings, which I'm thinking can't possibly be it's real capability. (League of Legends/WoW/Swtor are examples)

Laptop is an Asus k73e Core i3 with Intel HD3000 graphics.

Should this laptop REALLY be running at the quality of a trash 128mb card?

Specs:
Windows 7 Premium - 64bit
Intel Core i3 2350 @ 2.30ghz
Intel HM65 Express Chipset
Intel HD 3000 Graphics
4.00gb ram
500gb HDD

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
On top of all of this, I'm attempting to run the Intel Driver Update Utility to update the "Intel Chipset Device Software" and it's telling me I have an installed version of 6.1.7, while the latest version is 10.0.27 and asks me to update it. It downloads, updates and once it's done it gives me a "You have successfully installed the following product", but the Utility states that it's failed and once I scan it again, it still says version 6.1.7.

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Should I get a new one like the one I have, that still retails for around $600, new? That will still have integrated graphics...because it's still a laptop?

If you're going to give me useless "Buy a new computer" advice, at least recommend something that's not what your opinion is arguing. -_-

The main question was: I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be operating this low quality, should it?

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
That's more of the answer I was looking for, I appreciate that.

As an update though, it's started crashing on me (full shutdown with no warning) playing Civ5 on the lowest graphic settings, without overheating or even being warm at all. So I'm still partly convinced this isn't a normal "Bad laptop is bad" issue. ]:

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
I've actually been attempting to update all of the drivers, but as previously stated, I've been trying to run the Intel Driver Update Utility to update them and it seems to be failing. But that's the only real option they're giving me for driver updates.

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
All of these drivers keep telling me I have newer, which gives me the question "If there are newer drivers even available, where are they?" But the Update Utility is telling me I have older drivers.So I'm downloading the BIOS update and seeing if the fixes in that do anything for me.

xxmattattackxx

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
That could very well be. I'm almost certain that the updates are coming in from Windows Update and I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to assume gaming out this isn't meant to be in any way ahaha. Got a couple updates in, BIOS mainly, and now the game I was playing is lagging even more. So I may just call it quits on the idea and build a new desktop rig. I appreciate the insight and help.