Ravishkalra

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi I have 2year old k55vm-sx86d
I recently received the caddy for the second hdd I was checking the bios for the detection of the drive (not detected)
The problem with k55vm- the power on green is on no other lights are moving or anything not even NumLock(how did that happened I put a bios password and forgot was resting the cmos for that)

Things done-
Removed the hdd and started
Tried HDMI cable to external monitor
Cmos reset
Cleaning of the system meanwhile
Removed the RAM exchanged the slots nothing
Removed battery pressed power button for 1 min (nothing happened)
Power light stays on num lock blinks for a second back to power light only
Newest development is I have to press power button for 4 seconds to turn it on
Things left to do- hitting my head to the wall do some black magic and dance around it for 2 days

Please guide me through this problem is it possible that I can sort it out myself? Any fixes duct tape wd40(not literally) types do let me know

Panicking to baldness

Thanks a tonne guys
Ravish Kalra

Hi,

It seems like you've pretty much done all the possible troubleshooting with your laptop and your left in testing your battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try connecting just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up normally.
- If the same problem will persist do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it boot the laptop or not.
- And lastly, if all these will not work, the problem lies in the motherboard itself.

Ravishkalra

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Could the reason be the wires inside are messed up? The biggest plug don't know what it is exactly the one goes to display but is pretty thick so might be some other thing aswel in my laptop the wires are messed up could it be a possibility?

Thank you laptop nerd

Thanks