Asus Laptop always restarting from sleeping mode

Jozigal1

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
I have an asus gl552 vw laptop that is 7 months old. Its running windows 10. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it restarts when in sleep mode!! It is such a pain and im losing work because of this.

I have tried every solution i could find on tom's guide. Ive changed hibernating setting to never as well as the hard disk settings to never. Ive disabled the MEI driver (which worked until last week). I cant seem to find anyone with this exact issue.

The only out of routine thing i've done recently is that i plugged my laptop to the tv via hdmi. Ever since then its been a pain... always restarting. Even when i close the lid although ive set it to do nothing.

Please please please.... anyone who can help!! I need my computer to render for a few hours at a time and can't do so without babysitting it.

Thanks In Advance!

Solution
Hibernate doesn't work for everybody. If it wakes up and you are back to exactly where you left off, it's still hibernating. You may have to go into bios and explicitly tell it "Power Management Controlled by OS." In same bios, under Power Management, choose SUSPEND over Hibernate.
Hibernate doesn't work for everybody. If it wakes up and you are back to exactly where you left off, it's still hibernating. You may have to go into bios and explicitly tell it "Power Management Controlled by OS." In same bios, under Power Management, choose SUSPEND over Hibernate.

Solution

Jozigal1

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016

Thank you! Ive just run a registry clean with CCleaner and disabled wake timers which seems to have worked (did a 10 minute sleep test). Im gonna give it till tomorrow (Im in South Africa)... ill put it in sleep mode tonight. So ill try your suggestion if it doesnt hold.

Thanks!