Solved! Asus laptop irregular charge

ridahwouters

Prominent
May 17, 2017
Hi

Friend recently purchased a somewhat new (demo) Asus and everything seems to be working besides some mechanism of charging. When the laptop lid is closed or the laptop is switched off, the laptop charges perfectly fine without interruption (batter charging indicator does not flicker). However, when in use, while charging, it begins to flicker. Initially I thought it was a plug, and tried a new one and it seemed to be charging as light was solid. However, as soon as you try to do anything on the laptop (even without moving it), simply using mouse pad, it begins to flicker and stop-start charge. This is particularly evident by the screen brightness which seems to drop and increase constantly. Would this indicate a software issue? or is it a charger or battery issue (although it doesn't seem to have any issues holding charge).

Solution
If you charge the battery only when not using the laptop, the battery might re-develop some strength. A demo laptop is one that would have depended on mains electricity day and night for the whole time it was in a store, so the battery has become lazy.
If you charge the battery only when not using the laptop, the battery might re-develop some strength. A demo laptop is one that would have depended on mains electricity day and night for the whole time it was in a store, so the battery has become lazy.

Solution

ridahwouters

Prominent
May 17, 2017

Will definitely try, but can a lazy battery account for why performing any action on the laptop would cause it to stop charging?

Maybe it got so lazy it can't multitask - take in charge and think at the same time. I should have clarified my suggestion. The thinking behind it is that it will only work if the laptop isn't in use, even with the lid down - as in totally switched off.

TRENDING THREADS