Asus N550jv not detecting GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbilic94

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I just bought ASUS N550jv but after installing windows 8.1 and ASUS drivers I got with the laptop it doesn't detect the GPU(nVidia GEFORCE 750M). Even after downloading the graphics software from the official nVidia page ASUS doesn't recognize it. Any help pls? :??:

turkishpower

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hi,
First of all you have to remove all of graphic drivers on your computer. restart your computer and while it is opening press F2 button and on Bios click on graphic settings. change its bit rate as 128. then, firstly load intel driver and nvidia drivers. but download their newer versions for graphic card update.

Regards,

sterkekoffie

Estimable
Feb 11, 2014
Forget all previous "solutions": you need to update your BIOS to version 208:

It says it fixes the problem:

BIOS 208
Reset dgpu GC6.

That will fix the issue... (I had the same issue and this fixed it)...

mika95

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Hello I am having the same issue after upgrading to windows 8.1 today. I bought my laptop a week ago and I'm not sure actually it uses nvidia geforce. I already have the latest bios. Could you just tell me which graphic card is mentionned on advanced parameters : (here's a screenshot)
http://www.mika-dev.com/photos/graphic_card.png
As you can see on mine is mentionned intel hd graphics with only 1792 Mo (nvidia should be about 4Go).

Thank you

Khodadad Azizi

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
@turkishpower

Dear Turkish friend!

That was the solution of the problem described above!!! I followed your directions, and straight after restart - both graphic cards are recognized and working properly!

Thx a lot and gretz from Serbia!!!

motokisensei

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014

Thank you! :D This is the only thing that helped.

Here's some more symptoms to help people find this:
1) there was a yellow triangle warning mark alongside nVidia adapter in device manager;
2) driver reported code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems;
3) nVidia control panel reported: you are not currently using display attached to nvidia gpu;
4) and finally, windows update failed to install latest nVidia driver.

Note: use BIOS-flash found here, but backup important files before you do :)

m031n

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
i have same issue too. i downloaded bios flash utilities for my asus n550jv. but it didnt install
error is : "this program only supports asus notebook"
is asus n550jv a asus note book?
what am i must do?

G78

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Un my case i fixed everything by updating the controller chip(uefi) with windows update. But win 8 was crashing or freezing during the processus each time.
So i made sure only Microsoft update were checked before starting the process and everything went fine.
So the problem on my case was that win8 preinstall by default allot of uneccessary crap. Those crap software were it.
By making sure microsoft update only was selected fixed the problem.

Enrique Rodriguez

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

How do you install 208 once in bios and trying to figure Where it's at whether fs 0 - fs3

m031n

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015

paapo3

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
Hi!

I've had the same problem on my Asus NV550JV of NVIDIA GPU not detected. I updated my BIOS to the newest version but it didn't fix it for me.

Did just the BIOS update fix it for you guys or did you do something after the update?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.