Asus X540SA internet connection

JIllybnc

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
My new Asus will also randomly drop from the internet. I am running AT&T Uverse router, wirelessly...router is fine, but I have to restart to be able to reconnect. Windows troubleshooter can never find anything wrong...

Solution
Even though you say the router is fine, you might want to try restarting it and then removing and reinstalling the connection information on your laptop. See if this resolves the problem.

Also, you may want to add something to monitor the connection, to show what changes in speed, etc. occur and what changes happen just before you lose connection.

Lastly, if you are doing something data intensive when this happens, it is completely possible it is your ISP that is staggering your connection. Had that problem with mine, until I called them up and politely told them a thing or two about their own policy and getting what I pay for. No more issues. ;)
Even though you say the router is fine, you might want to try restarting it and then removing and reinstalling the connection information on your laptop. See if this resolves the problem.

Also, you may want to add something to monitor the connection, to show what changes in speed, etc. occur and what changes happen just before you lose connection.

Lastly, if you are doing something data intensive when this happens, it is completely possible it is your ISP that is staggering your connection. Had that problem with mine, until I called them up and politely told them a thing or two about their own policy and getting what I pay for. No more issues. ;)

Solution