I bought a new Asus x553s. It worked fine till today. Now, it won't turn it on correctly - the desktop does not light up. I have tried to hold the power button for 30+ seconds over and over, but it did not help.
I can't take out the battery because it is internal. The notebook does turn on - I can hear it and I can see the bulb and the battery lights light up green, but the desktop is black and it doesn't light up no matter what I do.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- Next is to try to boot your laptop without its battery and just use its AC adapter.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work it would be a motherboard problem.