AT&T: HTC VIVID - Sound profiles don't want to save settings

BrainY

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Dear freaks and geeks,

I have a HTC VIVID and my sound profiles on my vivid do not want to save. I configured my silent profile that it can only vibrate and when I press ok.. and go back to it. It is back on normal settings. Also when I text... I turned off the vibration when you type.. and it's unchecked, but the phone still does it. Any solutions on this one?

Solution
well, this is an odd one. sounds like you might want to call HTC Care to see if there is any known issue, or if there is a software update that you don't have. +1-866-449-8358 They have a pretty knowledgeable group there who might have an answer.

ekuhner

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Are you running the latest version of software for the Vivid? http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-vivid-att/howto/318000.html

If you are running the latest, there could be some sort of application installed that is messing with your settings. do you have a lot of apps? any that you don't use and can uninstall? try cleaning up the phone a little by removing apps and data that you don't need.

is your storage full?

have you restarted lately?

BrainY

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

It's an unlocked phone, so it says server unavailable when I update it.
It has Android Version 4.0.3 installed
It has HTC Sense 3.6 installed

I did factory reset the phone and it still does it then.

BrainY

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Yes, but I want to use the profiles so I can easily switch (the volume on the side does not determine video volume) :p

ekuhner

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
well, this is an odd one. sounds like you might want to call HTC Care to see if there is any known issue, or if there is a software update that you don't have. +1-866-449-8358 They have a pretty knowledgeable group there who might have an answer.

Solution